Welcome to Segzycruz blogspot... Connecting You To Happenings Around The World

“I will sacrifice anything including my family to ensure Biafra is restored” – Nnamdi Kanu


 The leader of the Indigenous People of
Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has in an
interview, reiterated that any attempt to re-
arrest him will make the country burn – He
also stated that the decision to boycott the
Anambra election stands.

In the interview with Sun News, the IPOB
leader said he has seen hope in the places
he has visited since he was released.
“What I have seen so far is much
enthusiasm. I have seen hope, the
rekindling of hope and I have seen the
burning desire for genuine change and the
call for freedom which is exactly what we
are doing and pursuing. There is no visiting
dignitary, Head of State, political or
religious leader that has been able to
command the type of crowd that come out
anywhere I visit or any town I go to. It has
never been replicated or set as a
precedence ever before… If I were to visit
Lagos, it will be the same, If were to go to
Kano, it will be the same thing. People will
come out to see me because I preach the
truth,” he said.

On the Anambra election, Mr Kanu said, “I
gave a speech in Aba, Abia State on Sunday
and I made it absolutely clear that the
boycott stays. We must boycott election in
Anambra State. It is our civic responsibility
to do so and that’s what we are going to do
– total and absolute boycott, to let the whole
world understand the strength of IPOB on
the ground, in Anambra State.”
On his re-arrest, he said it cannot happen
again like before when the government
orders an arrest and it happens.
“I don’t care! Quote me verbatim. If I’m re-
arrested, this country will burn, I assure
you. From where that oil money they
depend on, they can no longer have access
to it. I assure them that. This is not empty
threat. We’re IPOB, we don’t abandon our
own,” he continued.
On the realisation of Biafra, he said, “I will
sacrifice anything including my family to
ensure that Biafra is restored. Any obstacle
on my way will be obliterated. I’m not
asking for Sokoto; I’m not asking for
Kaduna, or Borno, I said this very land
where my progenitors raised us; the land of
our ancestors; of over 5, 000 years old, this
land must be free, absolutely free, I assure
you of that. The way we were before the
whiteman came; had the white man not
come, I would have no relationship with
Sokoto, non whatsoever. The whiteman is
not God, only God can create a nation, Lord
Luguard is not God, only God can create a
nation. I can tell you the day Nigeria was
created even till the exact second and hour,
but you can’t tell me when Biafra was
created. It came as a result of organic
interaction of cultures and value systems
and traditions fussed into one to make
Biafra a possibility, that is how nations
emerge. By the collision of commonalities
and value systems, not one idiot somewhere
pontificating and dictating to us who should
be in a country or not. Other African people
can accept it, Nnamdi kanu cannot accept
that. The whiteman is not God and cannot
create a country for me. Have Nigerians sat
round the table to say we have agreed that
our name is Nigeria? We want to live
together; perhaps, there will be a strong
argument against what I’m proposing.
Right now, what we are seeking to do is go
back to where we were before 1914. From
there, we can then begin to negotiate and
discuss.”
Reacting to a question on what might
happen if he visits anywhere outside the
Southeast, he said, “I have a lot of friends
in Lagos and Southern Kaduna too. When
the time comes, I will visit those places. You
spoke about my security, but I’m telling you
that I’m not living any more.What you are
seeing is but an empty shell that is only
seeking for Biafra.”


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form